John R. Kasich, GovernorConstance F. Clark, RDH, President Ashok Das, DDS, Vice PresidentHarry N. Kamdar, MBA, Executive Director
Important Renewal Information- All renewals must be completed online, there is no longer a paper renewal option.
NEW: There is a helpdesk set up for EFDAs having trouble registering/renewing on the new eLicense portal www.elicense.ohio.gov.
Toll free: 855-405-5514
The new system launched on August 22, 2016, all applications and renewals will need to be completed online. The Board no longer accepts paper applications or paper checks since the new elicensing system is active.
Please provide the necessary information/documentation required for processing your license application. You will be notified if any information/documentation is missing or not accepted. Please allow up to 20 calendar days to process a complete application.
The Ohio State Dental Board (Board) may grant registration to practice as an expanded function dental auxiliary in the State of Ohio to applicants meeting the following requirements:
1) Applicant must file an application at and pay the nonrefundable fee of $25
2) Applicant must have completed an EFDA education or training course accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association or the higher learning commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools; (approved EFDA Courses)
3) Proof of having successfully passed the examination administered by the Commission on Dental Testing in Ohio or the Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (CDCA);
4) Proof of current certification to perform basic life-support procedures certified by either the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association or the American Health and Safety Institute; and
5) The applicant must provide a copy of your vaccination record showing one of the following: all THREE legible dates or The 1st and 2nd shot dates with the third being scheduled. (It must be a specific date on a doctors letter head or a prescription pad.
Before You Start: Make sure you have the following items or the application will not allow you to advance. All applications must be complete before submission.
eLicense Ohio Portal
Fee: $25.00 / Renewal: $25.00
Mailing Address: Address where official Board correspondence will be mailed
Public Address: Address displayed on Public Licensee Lookup Page
Education History Background Questions
Required Uploads: Proof of Passing Exam
Proof of Hepatitis B immunity (immunization records or antibodies titer)
EFDA Education/Training Certificate
Proof of Passing EFDA exam through either CDTO or CDCA only
Current CPR Certification (ARC, AHA or ASHI)
Valid Credit Card (MasterCard or Visa)
Forms if Applicable
Hepatitis B Waiver
Approved EFDA Courses
American Red Cross
American Heart Association
American Safety and Health Institute
Commission on Dental Testing in Ohio
Commission on Dental Competency
Permissible Practices for EFDA