John R. Kasich, GovernorConstance F. Clark, RDH, President Ashok Das, DDS, Vice PresidentHarry N. Kamdar, MBA, Executive Director
The new system launched on August 22, 2016, all applications and renewals will need to be completed online. The Board no longer accepts paper applications or paper checks since the new elicensing system is active.
The Board has made every effort to include the information you need to apply for Coronal Polishing on this website. If you have questions or concerns about the licensure process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-466-2580 and speak with our licensing coordinator.
Please provide the necessary information/documentation required for processing your license application. You will be notified if any information/documentation is missing or not accepted. Please allow up to 20 calendar days to process a complete application.
Coronal Polishing Certificate
The Ohio State Dental Board may grant a certificate to perform coronal polishing to certified dental assistants meeting the following requirements:
1. Proof of current (with expiration date) dental assistant certification from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) or the Ohio Commission on Dental Assistant Certification (OCDAC); and
2. Proof of completion of the 7-hour Board-approved Coronal Polishing Training Program; and
3. Proof of having successfully completed an examination for coronal polishing through the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB), Ohio Commission on Dental Assistant Certification or the educational institution in which you received the Board-approved Training Program
4. Proof of current certification from DANB or OCDAC and a copy of licensure, certification, or other credential issued by another state that uses standards that are at least equal to the training and examination requirements for Ohio; (must be equivalent to 7-Hour) and
5. Proof of immunity or inoculation against the Hepatitis B virus
In order the receive such certificate, applicant must apply on the licensing portal, submit the application to the Ohio State Dental Board within 90 days of passing the examination, and submit the fee of $19.00.
Before You Start: Make sure you have the following items or the application will not allow you to advance. All applications must be complete before submission.
eLicense Ohio Portal
Mailing Address: Address where official Board correspondence will be mailed
Public Address: Address displayed on Public Licensee Lookup Page
Background Questions Required
Uploads: Proof of Hepatitis B Immunity (immunization records or antibodies titer)
Proof of Current CDA with expiration date (CODA or DANB)
Proof of Completion of a 7 Hour Coronal Polishing Course and Exam, Or Proof of Out of State Coronal Polishing Certificate and License
Valid Credit Card (MasterCard or Visa)
Additional forms if applicable:
Hepatitis B Waiver Request
Approved Coronal Polishing Schools